The RED EXIT BUTTON ON TOP RIGHT IS THE IDEAL BUTTON TO REPLACE WITH A SPINNER
- Remove plug and the 8 screws in the rubber feet
- Open up the back cover
- Choose a desired pushbutton that you want to replace with the spinner and remove the microswitch from the pushbutton
- Place the removed microswitch elsewhere and make sure the terminals and button are not interfering the other components in the controller
- Remove the nut of the selected pushbutton using the nut tool provided.
5-a. Some modded kits include a button removal tool: The larger side of the tool pinch towards the back of the pushbutton and make sure to insert into the button nut, then rotate anti-clockwise to remove the nut
5-b. While unscrewing the nut, make sure another hand to hold the front of the pushbutton and stop the pushbutton from rotating
5-c. The nut removal overview
- Remove the pushbutton after the nut is removed
- Take out the USB cable with the spinner and install the wiring clamp on it. The clamp position is depending on where the spinner is located in the controller. In this tutorial we replace the 1-player button with the spinner.
- There is an extra hole at the back of the some modified controllers shipped after May/June of 2022 Put the wiring into the hole from outside of the controller. For previous units, you may drill a small hole for the unit.
- Push down the clamp hard to fix the wiring clamp with the USB cable, or use any rubber grommit.
9-a. Make sure the clamp is pushed all the way to the controller surface
9-c. The connector is inside the controller
- Put the spinner into the button hole
10-a. Push the spinner to the end
10-b. Tight up the screw. Make sure one hand is holding the front of the spinner while tightening
10-c. The nut is tightened properly
- Plug the spinner cable into the spinner
11-a. Make sure the connector is connected properly to the spinner
- Put the back cover back and apply the screws
- Put the small plug back into the rubber feet
- Install the spinner knob by plug it into the shaft
14-a. Use the provided allen wrench to tighten up the knob through the side hole
15-b. The spinner is installed properly. GAME ON!
The tools and modifications mentioned in this article were available in very limited quantities as special bundle and due to container and supply shortages, we do not have access to more of these tools/grommits or kits! Sorry!