We recommend you upgrade your firmware before using it.
Firmware Upgrade (click the Firmware tab in new window)
Windows PC: (Xinput, acts like a 360 gamepad)
To test that it is working properly in on PC see Windows gamepad testing.
Android & Gear VR:
Ideal for most Android games including all Gear VR games. When connected in Mode 1 it should be listed as NES30 Pro (not gamepad). Note that the A/X and B/Y buttons are swapped compared to other popular Android compatible gamepads.Instructions
On iOS platform the controller supports games which support keyboard or ICade mode..
You can test your controller with Joystick and Gamepad Tester for Mac.
PlayStation 3, Wii, and Retron 5:
There also advanced expanded modes for PlayStation 3, Wii, and the Retron 5. These will, however, require flashing to a specific firmware for each which overrides the default firmware.
Keyboard Emulation on PC and Mac:
- Download Maximus Arcade and install as instructed.
- In Maximus Arcade Preferences go to 'Controller' tab, then 'Joystick' sub-tab and put a check next to 'Capture Joystick/Gamepad'.
- Next go the 'Setup 1' sub-tab and from the drop-down list choose 'SNES Wireless' if using wirelessly, or 'Xbox 360 Gamepad' if wired and in 360 mode. If you have Maximus Arcade installed and don't see that option, you can simply download our config files below and put it in '\MAX2.10\Frontend\preferences\' directory.
- Go to the configuration Tab and for each emulator change the Command line part that says "X-Arcade" to "SNESWireless".
- To change controls for any game/system, while the game is running press the Tab key and configure Input (this game) to your liking. Do not change The Input (general) options.
|Scroll Up||Joy1/D-Pad Up|
|Scroll Down||Joy1/D-Pad Down|
|Page Up||Joy2 Left|
|Page Down||Joy2 Right|
|Page Up Letter||
|Page Down Letter
|Select Emu/Game||A, B, or Start
||X, Y, or Select
|Favorites||L1 or R1
||L3 (press Joy1 button), then select 'Favorite'
|Delete Favorite||R3 (press Joy2 button)|
|Exit Game (return to Maximus)
||Select + Start|
|Exit Maximus Arcade
||L3 + R3|
To restore to factory settings, with the controller OFF hold down power button for 8 seconds. This will not change the firmware version.
No power or lights:
You may need to hold the power button for 3 seconds and then tap the face buttons a few times to power it on. If that doesn't work try holding down the L, R, Start and Select buttons.
Try updating the firmware again.
Controller goes into pairing mode (fast blue flashing) after being on for an extended period of time:
Hold the power button to turn the controller off, wait 30 seconds, then hold power button to turn controller back on.
Controller was previously paired, but when it's turned on it does not reconnect (it's in pairing mode, fast blue flashing):
Power-off the controller. open up Device Manager:>Bluetooth devices and find the nes30pro, right-click on it and choose 'Disable'. Wait 30 seconds, then right-click it again and choose 'Enable'. Turn the controller back on and it should now auto-pair as normal.
Also check for any devices in Device Manager for any devices with a ! or ? mark. If you see one, right-click on it and choose Uninstall, then reboot the PC.